Friday, September 7, 2007

One of the "Big Ones" was finished

I was working hard the last 2 days, but... the work was done. When I returned from my "Dorado trip" I decided to make a rod with special features to cover this "marathon" type of fishing.
I needed a taper that let me cast big flies, to long distances, a rod that can hold a #7 floating line or a Teeny 200 Shooting taper. Also a rod that feels light but... with big backbone and strong as a rock.
I finished with a CFH867SS 8' 6" #7 Hollow Build Sealed Series. The rod because of the BOBFS (Bamboo on Bamboo Ferrule System) performs like a 9' and I was casting it today at the lawn.
Not the best day to do it because is one of these hard humidity days, practically without any kind of wind. Dense very dense...
Average cast using a WF7F line between 98 & 105 feet's... not bad. I couldn't take measures for the Teeny, because they were out of limits of home.
I'm really happy with this rod and I know that it would be a Classic.
This is how it looks.

Salmon5

Salmon6

Salmon1

No comments: